Bond beam blocks and lintel blocks are concrete devices which are used mainly for masonry purposes. The variations between each bond beam block and lintel block in phrases of their usage, shape, features etc.
What is Bond Beam Block?
Due to their design, wellknown CMUs don’t provide any way of linking collectively the horizontal assist inside a structure. Their facets are enclosed, with open sections in the center for including vertical reinforcement, however now not providing any hyperlink to their horizontal neighbors. To tackle this, a unique unit exists to add structural integrity when required.
A bond beam block is prefabricated. Many contractors pick to use U-block or knockout bond beam blocks, which supply two specific preferences for putting in the reinforcement in the field. Parts of both introduced webbing or knockout panels are eliminated at some point of development to insert horizontal reinforcement bars.
Also Read: What Is a Concept Sketch
What is Lintel Block?
The lintel block is a structural horizontal block that is established between two vertical supports. Lintels are now generally recognized as lintel blocks and are made of prestressed concrete. The elements that are packed collectively to make a suspended flooring concrete slab are concrete lintel blocks. Lintel blocks are horizontal masonry blocks in the structure of a U that are usually positioned above apertures.
The lintel beam is developed via arranging lintel blocks in a unique pattern. Lintel blocks are no longer cautioned for bond beam building on account that they do now not permit for vertical and horizontal reinforcement to be combined. The lintel block helps the piece of the wall that is above the opening between the two supports, and its curved house lets in for cement grout and horizontal reinforcement.
Different Materials Lintel Blocks
- Timber: Though it can be extra luxurious than different materials, wooden is frequently used in areas the place it is without difficulty available. One drawback of trees is that it’s no longer especially durable, nor is it fire-resistant.
- Stone: Stone is additionally extra frequent in areas the place it is abundant. It can be steeply-priced in areas the place it’s no longer with no trouble available. It is used specially with stone constructions and is unable to stand up to an awful lot transverse stress, which happens due to bending.
- Reinforced concrete: Reinforced concrete is the identical fabric used in bond beam blocks. It is fairly frequent due to its strength, fire-resistance, sturdiness and versatility. Concrete block lintel is additionally very economical, as it’s incredibly easy to assemble and buy as precast blocks. The fundamental downside of concrete is its weak spot to tensile stress, which is why we make stronger it with metal bars.
- Brick: Brick lintels are generally solely appropriate for mild hundreds and small openings of no extra than ninety cm.
- Reinforced brick: For large loads, bolstered bricks use slight metal bars in their construction. The joints are crammed with concrete, and these bricks are fire-resistant and durable.
- Steel: Steel lintels are terrific for heavy hundreds and extensive openings, and they are famous in brick construction. The depth of the lintel is incredible here, as it may also require the use of channel sections or metal joists.
Also Read: How Do You Find the Contour Interval
Different Materials Bond Beam Blocks
- Brick bond beams: They are commonly appropriate for mild weight and it has small openings that do no longer exceed ninety cm.
- Wooden bond beams: It is generally used in historical buildings. Wood is an earth-friendly material, it is without problems on hand and additionally has top cost-benefit even in far flung areas.
- Poured concrete bond beams: When the bond beams is injected with concrete is referred to as a poured concrete bond beams.
- Knockout bond beams: The U-block or knockout bond offers two definitely extraordinary choices for putting in reinforcement in the area. The components of the webbing or knockout panel introduced at some point of building are want to consist of horizontal reinforcement bars.
Advantages of Bond Beam:
- When pre-fabricated lintels are usually utilized in openings, they grant a versatile choice the place horizontal reinforcement is required.
- This lets in partitions at quite a number places with the equal substances used in masonry gadgets as they are frequently built-in internal a wall.
- They can additionally be used in partitions for extra guide at the base and flooring level.
- It additionally offers guide and anchor for flooring joists.
Disadvantages of bond beam:
- They may have excessive fees in some construction.
- Also requires knowledgeable labor.
- Sometimes bond beams do no longer bond with some masonries.
Also Read: Uses of Mortar
Advantages of Lintel Beam
- They are handy to construct and seem simpler.
- They are now not required to be built so firmly due to the fact over the ending helps of lintels the immoderate load is now not applied.
- Frameworks are cheaper and centering of the lintel is easy.
- If the load is coming uniformly, they can endure a excessive quantity of load.
- They appear easy and are delicate.
Disadvantages of Lintel Beam
- The lintel will deform via sagging in the core in mild of the reality that the underside is underneath anxiety and the topside is underneath compression.
- The constrained weight that can be held up.
- The Wight of every piece.